- Welcome to the AWPHD Hospital District Governance Web Conference.
We are really glad youve joined us! My name is Taya Briley.
- Before we begin the substantive part of the call, Im going to
go over a few things to make the webconference go as smoothly as possible.
- For those of you who havent done a web conference before, this
is how it works: We will be showing a power point presentation on the
internet, and we will be narrating the presentation over the phone.
We will be done in an hour, by 1.
- Because there are so many people participating, the phone connection
is one way you can hear me, but I cant hear you. However,
in order to make the web conference more interactive, we will open the
phone lines once in the middle and again at the end for comments or
questions--well tell you more about how that will work later.
- If you have a question during the course of the presentation, click
on the button at the bottom of your screen marked chat,
type your question into the box and hit send. We will receive the question
and we may address it immediately or wait until the end of the presentation.
You can also hold your questions until we open the phone lines.
- There may be a 3-6 second delay from when we change the slide to when
the slide changes on your screen depending on the speed of your internet
connection, so we will wait a few seconds between slides before going
into an explanation.
- At several points in the web conference, a box will pop up on your
screen asking you a polling question. Answer the question immediately
and click the x in the corner to close the box and remove it from your
screen. As soon as we collect the results, we will publish them for
you to see. Were going to take our first poll now: How many people
are watching the web conference with you?
- If you have technical difficulties, call tech support at 888/390-6645.
So thats all the technical stufflets move on to the